Creation of a data-driven HR department
How to set up a data-driven HR department ?
The client’s starting point
- Understanding what is a data driven HR department
- Becoming familiar with methods and tools for managing HR data
- Defining and deploying first actions to engage client’s HR department in the exploitation of HR data
Akoya Consulting ‘s response
- Presentation of case studies from organizations that have adopted HR Analytics (e.g. Google, Doctolib…)
- Application to real-life problems of the methodologies explained during a training session
- Definition of collective and individual action plans, evaluation of their feasability and identification of quick wins
The whole story
We accompanied the HR team of a cosmetics company belonging to a luxury giant in its first steps towards becoming a data-driven HR department.
For this purpose we have brought the team together for a one-day training session focused on the following three areas:
- Sharing of best practices, methods, tools and application on real-life issues and needs identified within the company
- Analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the HR department to become data driven and identification of priority projects
- Building action plans for each department during dedicated workshops sessions (talent acquisition, talent management, people solutions, etc.)
This day was an opportunity to bring the team to the same level of skills and initial knowledge on the subject of HR Analytics, but also to the same level of motivation. It allowed us to discuss and collectively remove the obstacles (fear, mistrust, lack of time or interest) related to the transformation of the HR department.