Pooling teams and improving the organization of a world leader in food & beverage industry
How to create a shared HQ team for greater organizational efficiency?
The client’s starting point
- French world leader in food & beverage industry
- Construction and development achieved through successive purchases as well as a decentralized family culture
- Ambitious organizational transformation plan aimed at creating shared teams, driven by the relocation of the HQ
Akoya Consulting ‘s response
- Co-construction with the teams directly impacted by the new organization
- Preservation of value of local presence while leveraging the structuring of national entities
- Thinking in terms of organization above all individual consideration
The whole story
Our client, a French global leader in food & beverage, has developed through a series of acquisitions and disposes of a decentralized culture. As part of a new strategic plan aiming to pursue investments for growth the company started to consider the potential benefits of pooling certain activities, especially within the support functions. In France, the concentration of all central entities in a new headquarters has been a catalyst for this approach.
We accompanied our client in redesigning the Group’s HQ organization: HR, legal and communication functions. Our objective was to gain in efficiency in order to reinvest these gains in the activities with higher added value for these functions.
We used an organizational design approach based on the following five pillars: vision, operating model, structure, process and people. This approach has led us to propose the creation of HR centers of excellence for France (People Development, Payroll and HR Management Control, Labor Law) and to preserve key local positions (HRBP, HR Services, Social Relations).