Strategic Workforce Planning in the Pharmaceutical Industry
How to update your needs in recruitment and skills in 38 countries?
The client’s starting point
- The Market Access division of a global pharmaceutical company
- Market Access workforce managed according to the revenues of drug portfolios in a given country
- Streamlining of the Market Access teams’ staffing based on an unbiased workload assessment identified by the client’s executive committee as one of the priorities resulting from the Strategic Workforce Planning exercise
Akoya Consulting’s response
- Clarification of the roles and missions of the Market Access teams at a local level
- Identification and assessment of objective workload factors through 25 interviews with Market Access team leaders and other internal and external business and industry stakeholders.
- Design of a resource modeling tool specific to the constraints of the Market Access teams
The whole story
Our client, a leading laboratory in the global pharmaceutical industry, identified, following a Strategic Workforce Planning exercise, the need to streamline the staffing of the Market Access function teams, initially estimated based on a subjective assessment of future workload.
Akoya Consulting undertook to clarify the roles and missions of the Market Access teams at the local level, before launching a vast campaign of interviews with the function’s leaders around the world, as well as its internal and external stakeholders.
These interviews highlighted objective factors for anticipating workloads and were at the heart of the work to design and model a staffing tool adapted to the constraints of the Market Access teams.
Staffing of the Market Access function is now streamlined, thanks to a tool adopted by the entire function worldwide, which models the future workload and recommends future team compositions taking into account objective and shared criteria.