Supporting a world leader in cosmetics in its performance development
How to move from performance management to performance development?
The client’s starting point
- Inherited managerial practices (2 interviews/year where the only topic discussed is performance)
- Feedback from managers not necessarily working with employees
- Willingness to focus conversations on developing employees’ skills
Akoya Consulting’s response
- Definition of a performance development vision and philosophy
- Co-construction of new rituals with managers and employees in two pilot entities
- Creation of a toolkit to deploy the new rituals across the group
The whole story
Our client, a world leader in cosmetics, asked us to redefine the new performance development ritual, as the existing one no longer met the group’s ambitions and vision.
In order to do this, we defined, in co-construction with our client, a global and evolutionary approach that can be reproduced within other divisions of the group:
1/ Definition of a performance development vision and philosophy
2/ Co-construction of new rituals with managers and employees in two pilot entities
3/ Creation of a toolkit to deploy the new rituals across the group
Following this mission, structured conversations were set up to give even more meaning to exchanges between employees and managers.