The Aerospace HR Function
How to align and make the HR function visible?
The client’s starting point
- A major public player in French space policy, with nearly 2,500 employees, mainly engineers and managers
- Dissonances identified between the HR vision and the reality on the ground
- An HR function whose roles and priorities are not always clear or shared
Akoya Consulting’s response
- Clarification of the strategic issues of the HR function through a series of interviews with the group’s senior executives
- A co-construction workshop with HR leaders to redefine the group’s HR vision
- The production of HR site management tools, including a roadmap and performance indicators
The whole story
Our client, a major public player in the French space policy, was suffering from a poorly identified HR function, which was unable to link a constructive dialogue with essentially scientific and highly qualified profiles, far removed from the HR challenges of a group of 2,500 employees.
In order to make its roles and priorities understood within the group, the function called on Akoya Consulting, which carried out a series of interviews at the highest level of the hierarchy to clarify the strategic stakes of the HR function. A co-construction workshop then made it possible to define an HR vision for the group and to associate a clear roadmap and performance indicators to it.
The redefinition of the HR function’s challenges and roles has enabled it to position itself as a leading strategic partner within the group in the long term. The communication of the HR vision thus obtained helped to unite employees around a collective project and to consolidate the strategic alignment of new structuring projects such as the implementation of an HRIS.