Redesign the corporate culture in the digital sector
The question :
How to rethink the corporate culture and human vision of a group resulting from a merger?
The client’s starting point
- A context of merger between two growing digital companies
- A willingness to define a clear human vision and a harmonized culture
- The need to rethink HR processes in light of the new culture defined
Akoya Consulting’s answer
- An in-depth audit with the teams of the different local entities to analyze the pre-existing culture .
- A co-construction of the common values and the new culture with the new management team
- An implementation of new practices in the different countries
The whole story
Our client, a fast-growing digital group, had just extended its scope by vertically integrating another company. Aware of the human stakes involved in corporate mergers, the group wanted to take time to define a clear human vision and a common culture, essential prerequisites to guarantee sustainable growth .
To support them in their approach, Akoya Consulting first conducted an in-depth audit through focus groups, interviews and surveys for each country concerned to better understand the components of the pre-existing culture and the differences between the two companies .
Considering these cultural differences, a target human vision was defined in co-construction with the new joint management team, highlighting common values, essential to promote a unified corporate culture.
Once validated, several initiatives that aimed at rethinking HR processes were defined and prioritized in order to move towards this new target human vision.